Monday, November 30, 2009

Knowledge Sharing with Peradeniya Engineering Undergraduates

As for my understanding it’s the most beautiful University in Sri Lanka, the Peradeniya University. Thanks to Microsoft Technology Evangelist Wellington and Dinesh Priyankara (MVP – SQL) I got a chance to host two technical sessions for Engineering students at Peradeniya University.

First session was an Introduction to .NET Framework and Visual Studio IDE hosted by me. Windows Server 2008 and IIS was done by Susantha Silva. Third session which was an Introduction to MS SQL Server was done by Dinesh Priyankara (MVP). Back again the fourth session was a Deep Dive session which was on LINQ (Language Integrated Query) done by me. Wellington hosted a session on Silverlight. Also not to forget, Tharindu Nanayakara explained the importance of communities-Student Champ.

Well, it was a good experience as 99% of the students were from an open source background. But I’m sure they were so impressed seeing the new UI and features of Visual Studio 2010. One thing that worries me is, I didn't have enough time to go through all the wonderful features of VS 2010.

Presentations are available to download…

Some pics of the event after the break.

SNC00106IMG_0249[1] SNC00113SNC00127 SNC00135SNC00114SNC00122

Many thanks to Chanarangana Rathnayake and all who supported to make the session a success.

1 comment:

Susantha Silva said...

Yeah good stuff man. I also enjoy being there with studnets. I agree it's one of the beautiful Uni but we forgot to tae pictures.